We are searching for a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analyst to provide support to our Federal Government Clients. This opportunity is a full-time position with iFOS and will be based in Arlington, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support clients’ FOIA programs by providing both internal and external client assistance and case processing support.
- Serve as liaison to iFOS clients.
- Receive, review, and respond to requests from the general public, attorneys, news media, and others.
- Explain FOIA policy and procedures to both inside personnel and requesters.
- Consistent with law and regulation, determine what information is sensitive/classified under FOIA and therefore exempt from release; redact records, prepare material for release, and arrange for materials to be duplicated; and submit redacted materials for final review and release.
- Participate in weekly client update meetings to brief clients on issues of concern and coordinate with them to determine appropriate course of action; elevate issues to the attention of iFOS FOIA/Audit Manager when appropriate.
- Serve as a FOIA expert; provide confident recommendations/advice to senior management on the technical and policy requirements of the Acts, including the conditions under which information must be released or withheld; provide counsel about whether to release or deny release of information on unusually complex, controversial, or unprecedented requests, or refer the issue to iFOS and client management.
- Provide expert advice to ensure the ongoing development of and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to include the development of written policies that articulate, interpret, and explain highly complex scenarios in accordance with FOIA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- A minimum of two (2) years FOIA experience. Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Department of State (DoS) FOIA experience preferred.
- Active Secret or Interim Top-Secret (TS) security clearance issued by DoD or DoS required to begin work.
- Experienced in FOIA policy and advising on FOIA-related issues dealing with multiple types of request including: News Media, Litigation, Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Demonstrated experience performing case analysis: conducting FOIA or related reviews, identifying exemptions, applying redactions.
- Experience identifying and protecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Knowledge of the nine (9) FOIA Disclosure Exemptions.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, and adjust to established work patterns and processes as required.
- Possess exceptional leadership and communication skills (both oral and written).
How to Apply
Please submit an application via this website. Final candidates will undergo background clearance, reference checks, and skills assessment prior to final selection. The firm is an EEO/AA employer. The Company will not discriminate in its hiring practices because of an applicant’s race color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000 – $70,000 per year